• Question: If you could cure any two diseases what would it be and why?

Asked by away399day to Zoya, Tom, Stacey, Laura, James, Connor on 12 Mar 2020. This question was also asked by damzinooo.
    • Photo: Connor Prior

Connor Prior answered on 12 Mar 2020:

Motor Nuerone Disease – It is an extremely degrading condition. Essentially it causes the death of neurones in the brain which help control our muscles. People are normally diagnosed by about mid-fifties. Eventually it leads to struggling to control muscles, inability to swallow and eventually breathing difficulties.

Cystic Fibrosis – Another horrendous condition. Mucus lines the lungs and causes breathing difficulties. Sinus infections are common and it can lead to a poor quality of life. Life expectancy is mid-40s to fifties

• Photo: James Lees

James Lees answered on 12 Mar 2020:

Coronary Artery Disease and Strokes as they are the two biggest killers in the world.

• Photo: Zoya

Zoya answered on 12 Mar 2020:

If I could cure something it would be infertility, I watch a lot of people get their heart broken because they can’t have babies, its also really sad that infertility is not even considered as a disease when it is.
      I would also want to cure cardiovascular diseases if possible ie diseases that affect the heart and lungs.